Thursday, May 17, 2007

Persevere



The past two days have felt a bit overwhelming. So much to do and accomplish, and my personality likes to start and finish things all on the same day. This process that we are on takes time, patience and perseverance. The Lord has been teaching me about discipline over the past few months, and now I see why. Discipline in the area of priorities has never been easy for me. However, as I look back, I see how far the Lord has already taken me, and I have not yet fully surrendered. Well, I plan to.

Yesterday the Lord reminded me of a poem that I had written over 8 years ago. When I wrote it, I had no idea that it was about my life. I was just doing my quiet time one morning and the first sentence came to mind. I thought, "HMMM, that's sounds like the beginning of a poem" (I'm not a poem writer). So I wrote the next line, and God gave me the next. It kept going back and forth until the end. It wasn't until several years later that I realized the purpose of that poem. The Lord reminded me of it one day when I was way in over my head with a new therapy program that we started with David. When I read it, I just cried, because it amazed me that the Lord gave that to me for ME. I had no idea it was for me. until that point, I had completely forgotten about it. I thought that was the end of it. Well, yesterday, he reminded me of it again. So today, I commit myself to Him!
........ And my God will supply ALL my needs according to HIS riches and glory!!!




Run The Race

There were two men who ran a race
One ran hard
The other fell on his face
The first ran fast looking straight ahead
No time to stop and go to bed
The second got distracted as he turned side to side
"I'm just smelling the flowers, still running a fast stride"
The first man got tired looking for a place to rest
But then he realized that would not be best
Instead he dropped, right to his knees
And prayed to his Father who knew all his needs
His Father gave him strength, as he knew he would
Then he got back to his feet and ran as fast as he could
The second man got tired looking for a place to rest
He thought a nap in the shade would be best
When he woke up, he was more sluggish than before
So then he decided he would nap some more
When he awoke again and got back on his feet
He tried to run hard, but he felt so weak
The first man was excited because he knew what was ahead
So despite the distractions, he kept running instead
He knew if he wanted to win the prize
He could not look back or to both sides
"I must persevere he kept telling himself"
As he prayed to his Father who kept renewing his health
The second man tried to figure what he was doing wrong
"I stop and I rest but I never feel strong"
He thought he could never make it to the man who was ahead
But that's okay he thought to himself, "I'll just enjoy where I'm at instead"
He began to lose track of what he was running for
And it seemed he wasn't even in a race anymore
As the first man ran he never looked back
"If I want to win that prize, I must stay on track"
As he ran further, he began to see a light
He was so overwhelmed it was such a beautiful sight
It made him run even faster and faster
Because he knew very soon he would see his master
The second man, was still off track
With great intentions to someday get back
But as he stayed he got further and further
enjoying more and more what the world had to offer
He prayed to his Father from day to day
But never realized that the track was the way
As the first man ran to the arms of his savior
He received a prize that would last forever
As the second man thought he was running too
He never realized he was distracted by the view
Deep in his heart he had a love for his savior
But from the looks of his run, it was all for his favor
The first man knew the goal of his race
It was to see his savior face to face
While the second man ran, right into disaster
The first one ran to hear the "well done" from his master

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Corinthians 9:24-25

No comments: